Description: On the same day in October 1989, forty-three infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Seven are adopted by Sir Reginald Hargreeves, a billionaire industrialist, who creates The Umbrella Academy and prepares his “children” to save the world. But not everything went according to plan. In their teenage years, the family fractured and the team disbanded. Now almost thirty years old, the six surviving members reunite upon the news of Hargreeves’ passing. Luther, Diego, Allison, Klaus, Vanya and Number Five work together to solve a mystery surrounding their father’s death. But the estranged family once again begins to come apart due to their divergent personalities and abilities, not to mention the imminent threat of a global apocalypse.
Creators: Steve Blackman, Jeremy Slater
Stars: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda
- Super Strong
- Super Old
- Super High
- Super Famous
- Super. Dysfunctional. Family.
- Aidan Gallagher (Five) was not allowed to be on set during any gun fight scenes because of child labor laws. Instead a body double was used.
- “My Chemical Romance” frontman Gerard Way penned the original comic series.
- The Phantom of the Opera Medley that Vanya plays in the first episode when the characters are introduced is an arrangement performed by violinist Lindsey Stirling.
- Even though the main events of the first season take place in 2019, no character ever uses a cell phone in any episode. Public pay phones or landlines are used to communicate with other characters.
- The review on the back of Vanya’s book is written by Gerard Way.
- Gerard Way provided vocals for three songs featured in the show- “Happy Together” and “Hazy Shade of Winter” for Season 1 and “Here Comes The End” for Season 2.